The Quality Standards are the required standards for any page, especially OC pages. They are mandatory.
More standards may be added without warning.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Pages that do not meet the standards will either be fixed or put into the Needs Help category. This is the decision of the mod.
- Putting a page into the Needs Help or Needs More Info category makes it easier for other staff members to find the page and fix it up if they wish.
- If you need help with a page, please contact a Content Moderator, Mini-Admin, or Administrator.
- They do not apply to pages that were made as a joke (also known as Joke OCs). However, Joke OCs must be added to that category in order to be excused. Joke OCs cannot participate in some roleplays.
- They do not apply to blog posts nor user pages.
- If your page is in the Needs More Info category and is not in the WIP category, it is a candidate for deletion. If your page is in the Needs More Info category and the WIP category, but an edit has not been made to it for over a month, it is also a candidate for deletion. This is to keep the wiki nice and clean.
- If your page gets deleted, you may contact a staff member and ask them to restore it.
- Pages for smaller mods are prohibited. Only create pages for mods that are larger scaled.
- For example, mods that change small things like changing students should not have pages. While larger mods (for example, Hiwata no Nodoko).
- Do not use special characters, such as ❤, ✦, "fσитѕ" ℓιкє тнιѕ, etc. They don't display correctly on some machines, and they clutter up the page.
- Spell-check your pages. You can do this manually, or, if you need help, you can run it through an automatic spell-checker.
- Please separate your text into paragraphs to prevent a text wall.
- Please write numbers in their word forms.
- If your page is outright offensive (e.g. creating an OC called Gay-kun, making him into a stereotype) will probably be deleted without warning. This includes pages made to target users.
- All Joke OCs must be labelled as such, even if you wish to label them serious for the sake of irony.
- All Multi-fandom OCs should be marked as such and have the proper category.
Titles and Headings
- Titles and headings should always be capitalized properly. If you need help, you can use this generator to automatically capitalize your titles and headings for you.
- You should never use punctuation in the titles of OC pages. This does not include punctuation that is a part of the character's name. For example, "Rae-Ann", or "J'Lynn".
- An OC page's title should always be in the format of "First Last". First Last refers to the character's first and last name. Middle names are not necessary. Nicknames, like "Yandere-chan", "Senpai", "Kuudere-chan", etc. should not be used as titles unless the real name is unknown or a spoiler.
- Do not make headings bold, italic, or underlined. It's redundant.
- An infobox should always be used, and broken file links in it should be fixed.
- The infobox template used does not matter.
- A gallery should always use the actual Wikia gallery, not a bunch of images uploaded on the page.
- A heading should be formatted as such. A heading within a heading uses Sub-heading 1, a heading within a heading within a heading uses Sub-heading 2, etc.
- Categories are not used to describe OCs. They are used to organize them. Using adjectives such as "Cute", "Edgy", "Kawaii" is unacceptable unless said adjective is their Persona.
- Don't use two or more categories on a page which stands for the same thing, such as using both the categories "Female" and "Girl" on one page.
- Category titles must also adhere to the Title and Heading standards.
- All OCs must be added to the OCs category.
> The "OCs" category. > Students/Faculty.
> Gender categories (Males, Females, Bigender, Agender, etc.).
> Personality Categories (Loner, Social Butterfly, Queen Bee, etc.).
>> Year Categories (1st Years, 2nd Years, 3rd Years).
>> Classroom Categories (Classroom 1-1, Classroom 1-2, Classroom 2-1, Classroom 2-2, Classroom 3-1, Classroom 3-2).
>> Club Categories (Excluding the “No Club” category).
>>> Sexuality Categories (Heterosexual, Bisexual, Homosexual, Pansexual, Asexual, etc.).
>>> Romantic Categories (Heteroromantic, Biromantic, Homoromantic, Panromantic, Aromantic, etc.).
^ Shared OCs (Only if an OC is shared).
^ OCs Based On Their Creators (Only if an OC is a self-insert/based on its creator).
^The "Multi-fandom OCs" category (Only if the OC in question is multi-fandom).
^The "Joke OCs" category (Only if the OC in question is a joke one).
~ User's Fanon (Only used on User Fanon pages)
~ The “WIP” Category (Only if the page is a work in progress).
~ Candidates for deletion.
~ Needs Help.
~ Needs More Info.
~ Pages with broken file links.
>>- Mandatory for OCs who are students.
>>>- Not mandatory, but still allowed.
^ - Special categories (Required in certain situations).
~ - Technical categories.