The Quality Standards are the required standards for any page, especially OC pages. They are mandatory.
More standards may be added without warning.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Pages that do not meet the standards will either be fixed or put into the Needs Help category. This is the decision of the mod.
- Putting a page into the Needs Help or Needs More Info category makes it easier for other staff members to find the page and fix it up if they wish.
- If you need help with a page, please contact a Content Moderator, Mini-Admin, or Administrator.
- They do not apply to pages that were made as a joke (also known as Joke OCs). However, Joke OCs must be added to that category in order to be excused. Joke OCs cannot participate in some roleplays, however.
- They do not apply to blog posts nor user pages.
- If your page is in the Needs More Info category and is not in the WIP category, it is a candidate for deletion. If your page is in the Needs More Info category and the WIP category, but an edit has not been made to it for over a month, it is also a candidate for deletion. This is to keep the wiki nice and clean.
- If your page gets deleted, you may either appeal it by making a thread on the Suggestions board so that the community may vote on it, or you may contact a staff member and they themselves may choose whether or not to restore it.
- Do not use special characters, such as ❤, ✦, "fσитѕ" ℓιкє тнιѕ, etc. They don't display correctly on some machines, and they clutter up the page.
- Spell-check your pages. You can do this manually, or, if you need help, you can run it through an automatic spell-checker.
- Grammarly or anything similar may be useful, but it is optional.
- Please separate your text into paragraphs to prevent a text wall.
- Please write numbers in their word forms.
- Jisho or Tangorin are good sources for japanese translations (for names)
Titles and Headings
- Titles and headings should always be capitalized properly. If you need help, you can use this generator to automatically capitalize your titles and headings for you.
- You should never use punctuation in the titles of OC pages. This does not include punctuation that is a part of the character's name. For example, "Rae-Ann", or "J'Lynn".
- An OC page's title should always be in the format of "First Last". First Last refers to the character's first and last name. Middle names are not necessary. Nicknames, like "Yandere-chan", "Senpai" or "Midori GURINUUUUU" should not be used as titles.
- An infobox should always be used, and broken file links in it should be fixed.
- A gallery should always use the actual Wikia gallery, not a bunch of images uploaded on the page.
- A heading should be formatted as such. A heading within a heading uses Sub-heading 1, a heading within a heading within a heading uses Sub-heading 2, etc.
- Don't use two or more categories on a page which stands for the same thing, such as using both the categories "Female" and "Girl" on one page.
- Category titles must also adhere to the Title and Heading standards.
- All OCs must be added to the OCs category.