These are frequently asked questions, mostly asked by new users to the wiki.
Are there rules?
Of course yes. There are rules, click here to go to the Rules page.
Can I make an OC?
Yes, you can, there's no need to ask! The only requirements are that your page follows the Quality Standards and isn't an exact copy of another character.
You may base your OC on a pre-existing character, a person in real life, or any concept that sparks your interest. However, they must have some differences, or else your character isn't original at all!
How can I make an OC?
All that's required is a concept. As your OC grows, they'll gain a backstory, appearance, personality, unique traits, etc. It is the creator's decision for how much character growth the OC has before they interact with the other characters.
To officially affiliate your OC with this wiki,you must make a page for your OC, which will be titled with the character's name. There is an infobox template which you can fill out with your OC's information. Check the Quality Standards to make sure that your page follows them, and look at other OC pages (especially in the Featured Articles category) for inspiration!
For a profile picture, all mediums are accepted, including fan-made portraits, dollmakers, faceclaims (only official art), and of course, your own art. The only exception is that no stolen art is allowed, including images taken from pixiv/deviantART that do not belong to you!
When an OC is made, it is required to add them to the OCs category, which documents all characters in YanSim's fanon universe. It is recommended, but not required that pages that could list your OC should be updated with your OC's information. These include:
For canon clubs, click here.
For fanon clubs, click here.
Note: In Japan, OCs cannot skip grades, which means that no matter how smart or talented a student is, they must stay in the grade for students their age. On the fanon wiki, we sort OCs into their classes based on their age. 1-1 and 1-2 have 15-year-olds and 16-year-olds, 2-1 and 2-2 have 16-year-olds and 17-year-olds, and 3-1 and 3-2 have 17-year-olds and 18-year-olds. If your OC is below 15 years old (i.e. 14, 13, or 12), they must attend Akademi Middle School (the equivalent to junior high) instead of Akademi High.
How can I add a Infobox?
Every character page must have an infobox! Do not add "Infobox" from the drop-down menu. Add "Template", then search the key word "infobox" to find some. Choose whichever one suits your needs.
Some lovely infoboxes
What's God modding?
Godmodding is essentially giving a character Mary Sue/Gary Stu abilities, i.e. characteristics that can be considered "godlike." Often, these are abilities that are so powerful that they ruin the rp for others.
Forms of godmodding include...
- Giving a character too many abilities
- Breaking the fourth wall too often (Unless your OC is an oracle figure, and even then the OC can only warn others occasionally)
- Giving a character too few weaknesses
- Avoiding every attack, problem, or difficult situation
- Developing super powers without reason
- Having abilities that would negate the entire purpose of a roleplay
How do I add a mod to the mods page?
- First, please read the rules on the Mods page and make sure your mod follows them.
- Then look at the categories and decide which page your mod belongs in. In you're unsure, it's probably best to go with Miscellaneous.
- Now, make sure you have some screenshots of your mod in action and a download link to you mod on a suitable file sharing site (e.g. Mediafire, Dropbox, Google Drive, Mega etc. Adfly links, and other sites like it, are not allowed on the wiki!) It's better to have mutiple links in case one breaks or people just prefer to use certain services. (In case you don't know how to make files that you can update, visit this handy-dandy tutorial showing you how to zip folders with 7-Zip, a free program for compressing files!!)
- Now, go to the suitable mods page and click the edit button in the top right hand corner of the page (you must be registered to edit).
- Then, scroll down to the bottom and put in a heading. Title it something like "So-and-So's Kokona is Osana Mod" or "Saki Miyu Takeover by So-and_So".
- Now, write a description of your mod, including what you've changed and what builds of the game it works on.
- Add your pictures and link your downloads, save the page and ta-da!